The Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society (PIDS) Summer Research Scholars Award (SUMMERS), established in 2021 through the support of Sanofi Pasteur, promotes careers in pediatric infectious diseases by funding summer research projects of students at various levels of training, from graduate/medical school to undergraduate.
The award is intended to support scholarship in pediatric infectious diseases broadly, including basic science, translational, clinical, epidemiology, and quality improvement research. Given the brevity of the summer research experience, focused studies or well-defined contributions to larger research projects will be most successful.
- Open to graduate school/medical school students, undergraduate students pursuing medical or scientific research degrees
- Eligible research involving:
- Basic science
- Quality improvement
- A $3,000 stipend paid in two installments of $1,500
- Applicants must be sponsored and mentored by a PIDS member
- Early application deadline is March 7 at 5:00 p.m. ET; final deadline is March 21 at 5:00 p.m. ET