CTC – Centro de Tecnologia Canavieira is a leading Brazilian company focused on research, development, and marketing of improved varieties of sugarcane.
CTC is looking for an enthusiastic and versatile part-time technician to join the Discovery & New Platforms Division (CTC Genomics). In this unique role, the technician will have the opportunity to contribute to several operational functions within the company and interact with the R&D, greenhouse and procurement teams. If you have experience as a lab technician but would like to expand your knowledge and gain exposure to logistics and business operations, this might be the perfect job for you!
Laboratory Technical Assistance
- Prepares plant tissue culture media following standard protocols
- Prepares stock and common use lab materials following standard protocols
- Stocks and media solutions
- Dishwashes lab materials
- Assists with general lab maintenance
Procurement and Billing Assistance
- Monitors inventory levels and restocks supplies
- Assists with ordering of new materials
- Tracks packages arrival
- Manages invoice capture and organization
- Fills out simple forms to entry requests into a material database
Greenhouse Operations Assistance
- Assists in general plant maintenance
- Assists with data recording
- Associate or BS degree in a relevant field of study – (e.g chemistry, biology, environmental science) or currently enrolled in a relevant field of study.
- At least six months of general laboratory experience
- Ability to operate pipettes, balances, pH meters, and autoclave.
- Computer software experience including word processing and spreadsheets (Excel).
- The ideal candidate pays attention to detail and has excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and work independently and to work as part of a team are critical.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is essential.
- Ability to operate a Mediajet/Mediaclave is a plus.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (e.g SAP) is a plus.
- Experience in maintaining plants in greenhouse is a plus.
- Knowledge of Portuguese is a plus.
If interested, please send your CV and/or resume to:
Carola Dowd, Ph.D/MBA
Site Operations and Facilities Lead