CTC – Centro de Tecnologia Canavieira is a leading Brazilian company focused on research, development, and marketing of improved varieties of sugarcane.
CTC is looking for an enthusiastic and versatile part-time technician to join the Discovery & New Platforms Division (CTC Genomics). In this unique role, the technician will primarily assist the genome editing initiatives and occasionally other research projects within R&D.
Work under the supervision of a research scientist conducting a variety of tasks necessary to enable genome editing in sugarcane. Duties will vary depending on the project needs but will focus primarily on basic molecular biology, plant tissue culture (propagation, subculture, and transformation), protoplast work, collecting data, entering data, preparing media, washing dishes, and other duties as needed.
- Eligible for employment, best at least till March 2021
- Ability to successfully work independently as well as with other laboratory members
- Willingness to be flexible and assist with tasks as required by research
- Laboratory and/or research experience
- Previous courses on biotechnology, molecular biology, and/or tissue culture and transformation
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
Working Conditions / Work Schedule:
This position will work on average 20-30 hours per week. Scheduling is flexible.
If interested, please send your CV and/or Resume to Mei Zhu at firstname.lastname@example.org.